David Woodsfellow, PhD
Clinical Psychologist and Couples Therapist
A Calling to Help Couples
“I started out in psychology and soon realized that my calling was to help couples whose marriages were in serious trouble. Using the best methods available today, I’ll be glad to help you understand what it would take to save your relationship – and how you can do that.”
- Master Certification in Relationship Empowerment Therapy, Relational Life Institute
- Certified Imago Relationship Therapist, Institute for Imago Relationship Therapy
- Certified Mars Venus Counselor, Mars Venus Counseling Centers
- Advanced Training in Scientifically Based Marital Therapy, Gottman Institute
- Advanced Training in Emotionally Focused Therapy, International Center for Excellence in EFT
- Personally Trained by Dr. Harville Hendrix, Dr. John Gray, Dr. John Gottman, Dr. Sue Johnson, Mr. Terry Real,
A Lifetime Devoted to Improving His Skills
“My education didn’t end when I received my degrees. Every advanced training I take and every couple I help is another opportunity for me to learn more and improve the quality of care I bring you.”
- Licensed Psychologist, State of Georgia
- Listed Provider, National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- Internship: Clinical Psychology, UCLA School of Medicine, Neuropsychiatric Institute
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology, Georgia State University
- M.A. Counseling Psychology, University of California at Santa Barbara
- M.Ed. Guidance and Counseling, Antioch Graduate School of Education
- B.A. Magna Cum Laude, Social Relations, Harvard College
A Trusted Leader in His Field
“I’m committed to providing leadership in the field of couples therapy. I believe in genuine healing. I believe in real growth. I believe with the right guidance, support and inspiration, you can achieve anything.”
- Teacher of Other Therapists. Continuing Education Provider for Psychologists, Social Workers, Counselors, and Marriage and Family Therapists
- Approved by The American Psychological Association, National Association of Social Workers, Georgia Psychological Association, Georgia Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia
- Director, The Woodsfellow Institute for Couples Therapy
- Fellow, Georgia Psychological Association
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Volunteer. Dr. Woodsfellow devotes over 10% of his time to charitable and religious work.
Dr. Woodsfellow and his wife, Deborah, have been married – and have worked on their own relationship – for more than 25 years.
Request marriage counseling or a marriage intensive online, or call (404) 325-3401 for your preferred appointment time at The Woodsfellow Institute for Couples Therapy in Atlanta, GA.
"We are loving each other like never before. I feel like I'm finally figuring out what it means to be a husband, and she feels the same about her role as a wife. Thank you for challenging me."